CMRU in Brief
Since its foundation in 1924, Chiang Mai Rajabhat University has become one of the most prestigious educational institutes in Northern Thailand. CMRU offers Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral Degrees in a wide variety courses in Social Sciences, Humanities, Sciences, Business, Education and Agriculture. In addition there are multitudes of shorter courses available focusing on languages such as Thai for Foreigners, Western languages and also Asian languages.
CMRU is located in Chiang Mai province in the heart of the city, widely recognized as the capitol of northern Thailand. Current enrollment is around 27,000 students; almost half of this figure includes part-time students studying on weekday evenings and weekends. CMRU identifies itself as university closely connected to local community development. According to the latest survey (2009) conducted by Thailand Educational Institute Ranking , CMRU is ranked number 1 outside the greater Bangkok area, ranked number 3 among 40 Rajabhat Universities nationwide, and is accepted as the most trusted Rajabhat University by enrolled students.
Chiang Mai: a city of culture
- The second largest city of Thailand
- Known as a cultural capitol of Old Lanna and modern Northern Thailand
- The most culturally prominent city in northern part of the country with more than 1 million visitors annually
- Friendly local people with refreshing weather all year long
- Flights from Bangkok every hour
- Educational center with 8 tertiary institutions